As the city life becomes more hectic as we know it, the need for that weekend getaway is the perfect patch fix solution to hit that reset button. Following up on our road trip down south we set up our GPS maps to head to Laiya, Batangas- Let us tell you about this wonderful family farm called Bernardo’s Hideaway. Experience a serene environment and be close to nature. This is the place where you an bring your family and friends to just simply hangout.
Bernardo’s Hideaway offers a lot of recreational and relaxation amenities within its private estate. For those that enjoy sports, an easy pick-up basketball game can be enjoyed in the half-court sized basketball court. There is also an area readily available to accommodate other fun sports such as ping-pong and the intense ultimate frizbee!
Bernado’s provides an intimate experience as they will only accommodate one group at a time to make sure to maintain the feeling of privacy.
The farmhouse has the perfect space for team buildings, recollection, company department outings, birthdays and even wedding receptions. There are three (3 ) large cabanas which can comfortably accommodate a total of 35 guests.
All cabanas are airconditioned and have their own private bathrooms.
Perhaps a light-paced game of pool over a couple of drinks in the billiards table room?
Take a dip in our outdoor swimming pool and wash away all your worries. Enjoy some alone time in the gazebo with a nice cup of warm coffee or tea and the sound the serenity of the surroundings.
At night, you may opt to have a classic camping experience. Bonfires and camp set up can easily be arranged during your stay.
Bernardo’s hideaway provides full access to their own private beach where floating kawayan huts commonly known as balsa await you and your family. The beach is also located right in front of a snorkeling area teeming with a myriad of oceanic life.
A Gastronomic Fare
Meals are already inclusive from their per pax rates. Upon arrival, you’ll be served with scrumptious local food sourced around the area. Each dishes were carefully prepared, delectable and were truly Filipino.
Note: They serve lunch upon arrival, afternoon snacks, dinner, and breakfast. Bernado’s will only serve meals during the following times. Please note that meals that are not consumed within the time allowed will be forfeited.
- Breakfast 7-9am
- Lunch 11:30-2pm
- Afternoon snacks 3-5pm
- Dinner 6-8pm
Book Your Stay at 10% off with Hertz
Tip: Book through Hertz and you can claim a 10% discount* off on Bernardo’s Hideaway published rates until the end of May 2019.
- You can check availability and book directly HERE.
- or you may call 0917 834 9966 (Look for Winnie)
Driving Directions to Reach Bernardo’s Hideaway (Laiya, Batangas)
- Take SLEX, go straight until the end which will lead you directly to STAR toll expressway.
- Drive around 33 kilometers on the star tollway and exit at the San Jose- Ibaan exit which is right after the Lipa exit
- After exiting, turn left and drive straight until you find a small sign that says ALTERNATE ROUTE TO SAN JUAN, it will be on your left. The road will be small and short. At the end of the road turn right, you will then see a mini roundabout turn left going to Rosario town proper
- When in Rosario town proper, you will see Jollibee on your left and mercury drug on your right. Drive straight ahead this road. This will lead you all the way to San Juan town proper, you will be passing by the Batangas Racing circuit along the way please veer left. There will be a lot of signs that says “to Laiya San Juan Batangas”.
- Once in the town of San Juan, turn right after the Municipal Hall. Please follow the road until Kilometer 159 or Barangay Bulsa.
***Get the most out of your driving with our Comprehensive Driving Guide.
Hertz Recommended Vehicle
For this 5 hour trip, we recommend booking our Toyota Innova under the Full-size Size Wagon Class. It’s spacious, dependable, comfortable, and not to mention easy to drive.
The exclusivity and serenity of the place will make you feel relaxed and the time you spend with your loved ones here will definitely be enjoyable. Bernardo’s Hideaway was sure a charming and pleasurable surprise.
Batangas is the perfect getaway from all the busy and Metro Manila. It is just a 2 1/2- 3 hours drive from the city. Far enough for that much-needed quick retreat yet close enough to return back home. For an overall hassle-free drive to your Laiya, Batangas experience, don’t forget to book your car here. #OnOurWayTogether.
Check out the rest of Hertz Travel Guides to help you find that perfect driving getaway.