Are you longing for a peaceful retreat outside metro manila? Let us share with you this haven in Batangas called Ataalaya Farmhouse. It is a is a 5-hectare family-owned property located atop of a cliff just an hour and a half drive south of Metro Manila. This escape sits on a cliff at the southernmost tip of Taal Lake and overlooks the stunning Mt. Maculot on the right.
The word Ataalaya is a combination of the Spanish word ‘Atalaya’, which means lookout tower and ‘Taal’, the most astonishing feature of the place. The owners intended the farmhouse with the blending elements of Cape Dutch, Indian chic, and country Filipino in a contemporary setting. It has the colonial atmosphere, but with the amenities of a modern home.
The living room on the first floor is equipped with a flat screen TV with cable. It also houses the toilet and bath for the queen bedroom.
The house has 3 rooms that can be rented out to guests, 2.5 shared toilet and baths, 2 living rooms, a lanai, a fully prepared kitchen, a pavilion for small events, and a farm where guests can visit and purchase organic products.
You may expect
Bask in the gold morning sun and wake up to the sound of chirping birds.
There is a complimentary buffet breakfast which comes should you avail of their overnight stay.
You are free to bring your own meals and cook it in the kitchen. For guests that would like a hassle-free trip, the caretaker can cook your meals for a minimal additional fee.
What To Do
- Taal Heritage Town tour (10-15 minutes drive from the property),
- Mountain hiking in Mt. Maculot (10-15 minutes drive from the property),
- Diving and snorkeling in Anilao, Batangas.
- There’s a steep trail that leads to the Taal Lake at the back of the property. Caution when trekking is advised.
- Bird watching and farm tour.
Driving Directions to Ataalaya Farmhouse
- Get on R-3 in Alabang, Muntinlupa from Alabang–Zapote Rd and Filinvest Ave
- Follow R-3 and Calabarzon Expy/STAR Tollway to President Jose P. Laurel Hwy in Lipa. Take exit Lipa City from Calabarzon Expy/STAR Tollway
- Take National Hwy to your destination in Alitagtag
Hertz Recommended Vehicle
For this trip, we recommend booking our Toyota Vios under the Economy Sedan Class.
Comfortable seats that cradle all passengers. Gasoline efficient without compromising comfort that’ll definitely make your road trip more fun.
Escape chaotic Manila and enjoy an amazing time with your family and friends. The ambiance of the farmhouse is deeply peaceful and the views are perfectly breathtaking.
For an overall hassle-free drive to Batangas experience, don’t forget to book your car here. #JourneyToYourDreams #ItsMoreFunInThePhilippines