Baler is a town perfectly settled in the province of Aurora. In its center, Museo de Baler chronicles colonial history. It is also known to be the birthplace of the Philippine Commonwealth under President Manuel L. Quezon. Labeled the origin of surfing in the Philippines, it was famous for its large waves that can reach up to 9 feet tall or 2.7 meters.
The laid-back vibe and big waves, endless surfing on Sabang beach are just one of the popular tourist spot of the town. Baler has its exceptional beauty that sets apart from other places in the country. There are a lot of things to discover from its historic structures, unevenly captivating blue beaches, striking cliffs, and waterfalls.
HERTZ RECOMMENDED PLACE TO STAY
L’Sirene Boutique Resort
L’Sirene Boutique Resort provides surfing lessons for those who want to experience the waves that Baler is known for. Delicious food at Siren’s Bar and Restaurant awaits the foodies and those hungry for something new after a day of activities. As the day winds down, you may take a dip in the sit-down pool right by your door and find your center.
Find them on these channels:
- Address Purok 6, Barangay Reserva, Baler, Aurora, Philippines, 3200
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone :Globe: +63 917 743-8556
Go Glamping with Easy Adventure
EASY ADVENTURE is an eco-luxe camping resort located in the in the Conservatory at Charlie’s Point.
Accommodation Inclusions like;
- Comfortable Bed with Pillows and Linen Sheets
- Fresh Buko Upon Arrival
- Full Board Meals (Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner)
- Unlimited Water, Coffee, and Bananas
- Towels, Foot Bath, Night Lanterns
- Use of Facilities (Showers, Toilets, Charging Station, Hammocks, Siesta Hub, Balance Center, etc.)
24/7 Butler Service and Security detail
- 20% off on Selected Activities (Stand Up Paddle Board, Kayak, Dune Buggie and Kombi Van)
Glamping means real beds that you can get some of your best sleep in — especially in the fresh air of the outdoors.
They vastly have more space than tents, giving you and your travel companions room to spread. You’ll be treated with hotel-like hospitality and the creature comforts that help you to unwind and experience at home on holiday
WHAT TO DO
The most known swimming and surfing spots in Baler. The waves here are good and swell strong. A good place, for beach lovers who wanted to learn how to surf. The surf instructors are, very friendly diligent and patient.
Here are their rates:
- Surf rental is Php 200 per hour
- Surf rental and an instructor is Php 350 per hour
Privately owned beach, hidden behind the hills of Baler. If you plan on visiting you need to register beforehand at Costa Pacifica, this also owned by a certain ruling clan.
Visitors’ fee is Php 300 per person. You might need to rent a habal-habal for Php 150.00 because tricycles can only take you to a certain point around the cove.
Also known as the Mother Falls, is one of Aurora’s treasured natural astonishments. If you are looking for a quiet and reflective trek I would recommend you go on a weekday.
It gets slippery during peak days and group tourists get rowdy during these days, and there is sort of a build up at the foot of the waterfalls. Entrance fee would cost Php 30.00 for the environmental fee. Should you wish to have a guide to lead you there, you have to pay Php 200 for his service.
A 600-year-old Balete tree, you can also go inside the tree and if you have to pay Php 10.00. The entrance fee will cost you Php 15.00 and parking fee of Php 10.00 per vehicle. It is also said to be the largest Balete tree in Southeast Asia.
Museo de Baler
This museum features the Spanish colonial period and its influence on the Filipino culture. Admission fee is Php 20.00 per person.
WHERE TO EAT
- The Good Food – they serve Mexican-Filipino food since 2013 in Baler. Must try dishes are their Blue Marlin, Sinuglaw, and Kinilaw ni Manhi manhi.
- Kusina Luntian – If you want to experience a beach life, this is a good place for you. Everything on their menu is served in a banana leaf and rice, tomatoes, salted egg, and fern. Tourist is expected to eat using their hands.
- Yolly’s Ihaw-Ihaw and Seafood Resto – They served giant grilled fish, squid and shrimps. You’ll be so amazed by the choices, that you’ll be having a hard time to pick which one will you order
- Ram’s Tapsilog – A morning stroll on the street, the best breakfast meal would be Tapsilog ( Tapa, eggs and garlic rice). They are open 24/7, it’s a go-to place for those tourists who are craving for silog any time of the day.
- Beach house – If you are looking for good food, service, ambiance, basically a lavish dining experience then this is the right place for you. This is the flagship restaurant of Costa Pacifica.
- The Rotunda Café & ArtSpace – A cozy and bright ambiance café situated in the heart of Baler. They offer handcraft cocktails, local beers, and fresh coffee.
- Madison’s Café – Is known for their pastries and pasta. Their popular pasta dishes include spicy meatballs spaghetti, tuyo pasta. Best paired with calamansi juice or iced tea.
- Kubli Resto – one of the best dining experience in town. The food is delicious and the serving portion is big, serving is good for 3 to 4 pax. The place is also well maintained and clean.
- Dialyn’s Bakeshop – one of the establishments that sell sweet treats like asado, brazo de mercedes, and yema swirl.
Hertz Recommended Vehicle
For this trip, we recommend booking our Toyota Vios under the Economy Sedan Class. Comfortable seats that cradle all passengers. Gasoline efficient without compromising comfort that’ll definitely make your road trip more fun.
Driving Directions to Baler
Just take the North Luzon Expressway from Balintawak and take the SCTEX exit in LaPaz, Tarlac. From there, just stay on the highway until you reach Cabanatuan City in Nueva Ecija. Once there, drive on the Nueva Ecija-Aurora highway until you reach the border (passing Talavera, Rizal, and Pantabangan). You will drive through Maria Aurora and San Luis before finally reaching Baler.
Baler is slowly being known as a tourist destination by choice, not only by beach lovers and surfers but also those tourists who enjoy adventures and the scenery of nature. A place where you can really relax and unwind. If you are one of the travelers heading hear soon, book now and discover the splendor of Baler.
For an overall hassle-free Sinulog and Baler experience, don’t forget to book your car here. #JourneyToYourDreams
Categorised in: UncategorizedTags: adventure, aurora, baler, baler 2018, baler car rental, baler travel guide, hertz, hertz philippines, how to got to baler, itinerary, philippines, roadtrip, travel, travel guide, where to stay in baler
This post was written by crystal